Saturday, December 7, 2013

Inspiration

For a long time I've wanted to switch directions with my crafty business (heatherjeany). I love printing, but I just really feel like I need something new and fresh. I had this wish list of qualifications that I would want this (unknown) new direction to meet. Practical things like; good profit margin, not needing a large, dedicated workspace (ie something I could do at home, and preferably not in the basement), and something that I could work on in small chunks of time. I also had some loftier goals like wanting to use locally sourced materials (less online bulk supply buying), and this vague notion of wanting to take something old and breathe new life in it. I love the idea of taking old, forgotten things and making them into beautiful new treasures. For at least the past year I've had this overwhelming urge to visit this certain antique store, sure that I would find the answer to my crafty conundrum there. Every time I tried to go they were closed, but lo and behold I think I had the answer all along, right under my nose. I just had to shift my thinking a little. I'm super excited about this new endeavor and can't wait to share more details about it, I have a great feeling about 2014. For now it will be a secret because it's such a tiny sprout of an idea, but stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment